Monday, October 17, 2011

Forensicators

This weekend was (for lack of a better adjective) crazy.
Team lunch at some burger joint in Tallahassee.


I drove with my team to my very first forensics tournament in Alabama.
The 8 hours in the van went by fast, 
and the campus was beautiful!! The weather was perfect and Alabama is a really awesome school. The sorority and fraternity houses are huge!

I arrived confident; with 3 prepared events (Prose, Impromptu Speaking and Duo)




Little did I know... 
This National Competition known as the Alabama Crimson Classic;
has adopted the nickname "The Alabama Blood Bath."
Which, by the way, was exactly that.
Competitors were fierce, it was really intimidating!

With the FSU team 









I managed to have tons of fun, and make a lot of new friends!!
I have really smart and talented teammates who made for great company this weekend.
The Team (half of us anyways..)

But I did not travel all that way to lose!!
In my very first competition, I "broke" into semi-finals in my Prose.
And took 3rd place in Impromptu Speaking semi-finals!!
Thats me, 2nd Place!!
 It was an incredible experience and I was relieved I didn't come home empty handed.
My next competition is only 3 weeks away!



 It feels good to be home, the weekend was exhausting. 
Eddie took me out to the Cheesecake Factory tonight, 
and now were in the library studying and catching up on homework!

1 comment:

  1. YOU MADE IT Bruninha!!! And brought home a trophy!!! It looks like you were having fun in your pictures...Did you know your are SO SMART????? I DID!!! Congratulations Bru... Many more wonderful things coming your way!!!
    I love you!
    Tia

    ReplyDelete