It is a phenomenon known as a deviated septum [abnormal displacement of any wall that separates two chambers (usually in the nasal cavity)]. Edward has one. Well, had one; untill he got a nose job! I took him to the doctors office early in the morning to get his procedure done. I think I was more nervous than he was, especially when I saw him hooked up to all the machines and IVs. The best was when they gave him the anesthesia! He kept saying "this stuff is awesome!" and telling me I looked nice (haha) it was great.. Then they wheeled him away.
| Pre-Surgery, looking classy in his "cap and gown" |
I think it was about 3 or 4 hours later when they came to get me in the waiting room. The procedure went well, but when I saw him I thought I was going to faint!! He kept asking the nurse when he would be able to do physical activities, he cracked jokes while he slipped in and out of consciousness.
| Post-Surgery, passed out |
I got him home and he pretty much just slept the rest of the day. I helped him change his gauze a lot, and made sure he took his medicine on time and didnt go hungry. It was nice taking a day off work, I got a lot done around the house; but I felt bad that he was in so much pain after the anesthesia wore off.
He's doing great and breathing better:]
No comments:
Post a Comment